- Ofsted-registered day nursery on the University of Birmingham campus
- exclusively for children 18 months to 4 years
- accredited by the Curiosity Approach
- no single-use plastics: reusable wipes, no glitter, cloth nappies welcome
- all natural or recycled play resources
- Eco Schools Silver Award
- natural open-ended play, fostering your child’s creativity, imagination and joyfulness
- planning ‘in the moment’ to respond to your child’s interests and needs
- listening to, respecting and caring for your whole family
Embracing the outdoors
- regular visits to Winterbourne’s seven-acre botanic garden and wilderness Forest School
- an allotment in Winterbourne’s grounds, for children to grow their own vegetables
- RHS Gardening Award level 3
- Startwell award: healthy eating and active living
- Millie’s Mark award: every staff member trained in paediatric first aid
- Attachment and Trauma-aware setting: supporting every child to feel safe and secure
Our Daily Sessions
- We’re open 50.8 weeks of the year,
excluding public holidays, University closed days
and two staff training days.
- We have a safe off-road drop-off and pick-up area,
and we’re easy to get to by car or by public transport. Check the map.
- Our opening hours are designed to make life easy for you,
fitting childcare around your work and other commitments. You can choose for your child to be with us full time, or mornings or afternoons only.
- You can find The Maples next to
Winterbourne House and Garden on the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston campus – but you don't need to have a connection to the University. Everyone's welcome.
Monday - Friday7.30 - 17.55
Morning Session7.30 - 12.30
Afternoon Session13:00 - 17.55