- a new Ofsted-registered day nursery on the University of Birmingham campus
- a fresh new approach, exclusively for children 18 months to 4 years
- no single-use plastics: reusable wipes, no glitter, cloth nappies welcome
- all natural or recycled play resources
- working towards an Eco Schools Award
- natural open-ended play, fostering your child’s creativity, imagination and joyfulness
- emphasising the learning experience, not a fixed outcome
- working towards Curiosity Approach accreditation
Embracing the outdoors
- regular visits to Winterbourne’s seven-acre botanic garden
- an allotment in Winterbourne’s grounds, for children to grow their own vegetables
- RHS Gardening Award level 3
- from the same team who make The Elms and The Oaks so special
- fully-qualified staff with training in paediatric first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding, offering the highest level of care
Our Daily Sessions
- We’re open 50.8 weeks of the year,
excluding public holidays, University closed days
and two staff training days.
- We have a safe off-road drop-off and pick-up area,
and we’re easy to get to by car or by public transport. Check the map.
- Our opening hours are designed to make life easy for you,
fitting childcare around your work and other commitments. You can choose for your child to be with us full time, or mornings or afternoons only.
- You can find The Maples next to
Winterbourne House and Garden on the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston campus – but you don't need to have a connection to the University. Everyone's welcome.
Monday - Friday7.30 - 17.55
Morning Session7.30 - 12.45
Afternoon Session12.45 - 17.55